Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment – passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. A Nestle career empowers you to make an impact locally and globally, as you are provided with the opportunity to make a mark and stand out, as long as you seek it. With Nestle, you are enabled and encouraged to grow not only as professionals, but also as people.
Over a hundred years after it first started operations in the country, Nestlé Philippines, Inc. (NPI) today is a robust and stable organization, proud of its role in bringing the best food and beverage throughout the stages of the Filipino consumers’ lives.
A day in the life of...
This person is the Information Technology solutions and services provider for major specific sites/installations in the Market, covering all the main areas of Information Technology (1. Network; 2. Servers; 3. End User Computing), and all strongly delivered with alignment to Service Management. Technical and Strategic direction for the supported Site is driven by this individual, in alignment with the Global and Regional IT, coordinated with the Market IT Tower Leads. This individual ensures that IT services are delivered to the sites and that the Infrastructure supports the site requirement, while respecting and promoting IT Standards, Best Practices, Compliance, Security and Service Level Objectives.
- Directs the activities of specialists at the sites/factories in the Operations and support of all major areas of IT, including but not limited to, Network, Workstation, E-mail Messaging, Unified Communications, Windows / Servers, Mobility, Radio-Frequency Devices, Field Services and Asset and Service Management
- Takes the lead in analyzing business/site IT requirements and provides solutions with best fit, cost effectiveness, and quality
- Ensure that appropriate technical standards and procedures are followed. Ensure that the Site's IT needs are met and that infrastructure and operational projects are related and aligned to the business needs.
- Develop Site project resourcing strategies, allocating budget, staff, tools, and specialized support necessary for cost-effective implementation. Estimate and control Project Budgets and Schedules, anticipate and identify issues inhibiting the attainment of project goals; develop and implement corrective actions
- Provide direction to IT specialists/contractors and integrate activities with other units to ensure successful implementation and support of Site IT projects.
- Act as an integrator on projects to develop appropriate support from various technology and service units; analyze the architecture of business events and data; evaluate possible solutions; and present recommendations to management
- Ensure localized documentation exists covering IT Policies and Guidelines, if necessary; that Standard Routines are up to date and clearly understood for execution.
- Perform regular IT audit and DRP exercises within the assigned location to ensure compliance to applicable IT Policies and Guidelines.
- Identifies opportunities in IT for value-add process improvement for the site to drive quality up and costs down.
What will make you successful
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, IT, or related discipline
- Ideally at least 2 years' experience in IT
- Knowledge and experience in Factory Automation Systems, security controls and auditing are an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (for interacting with diverse groups of people)
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple models that can be easily understood by the general business community
- Willing to travel to other factories, distribution centers, sales offices nationwide to provide IT support (average of once a week)
- Strong service delivery orientation
- Detail-oriented, able to prioritize work
- Highly analytical, with strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Agile, able to multi-task
- With good interpersonal skills
- With strong 'can-do' attitude